loader image

Failure to Appear FAQ

Have you received a failure to appear?

Then you may already know that this is a serious criminal charge that can bring about the suspension of your license and a large fine.

► If you’ve received a Warrant, call us at (818) 213-5130 if you have a failure to appear so we can provide you with a FREE legal consultation.

Our advice will show you how best to handle this situation.

These are the questions we get asked the most:

What is Failure to Appear?
A failure to appear, or VC40508 (A), is issued when you don’t attend the court date specified on your traffic ticket. Despite what some people say, this is a criminal offense.
What are the Consequences of a Failure to Appear?
A large fine is certain. The court also requests that the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) put a hold on your license. This can even lead to a longer suspension.
Why are Most People Surprised by a Failure to Appear?
They don’t realize that when they sign their traffic ticket they’re entering a legal contract with the State of California. They also don’t see the court date on the bottom of the ticket.
Does it Take Long to Deal with a Failure to Appear?

It usually takes at least three court visits to adequately deal with a failure to appear. It can take longer if the case goes to trial.

► If you received a Failure to Appear, call us right now at (818) 213-5130 to get your FREE consultation

What is the First Step in Dealing with a Failure to Appear?

The first step is to call our office to see how you should handle your case: (818) 213-5130

You use to be able to go to the traffic clerk and get an abstract for the case. This costs $10 and removes the hold over your California driving license. But this has changed now call: (818) 213-5130 so we can recall your Failure to Appear Warrant.

What is an Arraignment Date?

An arraignment date is where you must tell the judge why you failed to appear in court. An attorney will tell you that the only legal defenses are: military duty, hospitalization, or incarceration.

Call us today at (818) 213-5130 and benefit from our free legal consultation. We can make sure that you have the best legal advice for dealing with your failure to appear.

Should the Case Go to Trial?
An attorney will always recommend you take the case to trial, if you have the opportunity. The reason for this is that if the officer doesn’t appear, which is highly likely, the case can be dismissed.
Can I Avoid the Consequences of a Failure to Appear?
It’s possible. Therefore, you should always hire an attorney.

They can have the case dismissed or they can negotiate with the judge to reduce the fine or to remove the fine entirely.

Is it Expensive to Hire Legal Help?
It doesn’t have to be expensive to get the legal help you need. Compared with the potential for a huge fine, this is one of the best investments you can make.

Free Case Analysis

The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact Ticket Dismissers. For a free accurate case analysis, please call 818-213-5130 or complete our contact form.

5 + 6 =